Search site

Business rates appeals

Appealing against the rateable value

Further information

You can appeal if you think the current value for your property is wrong.

Appealing against the rateable value

If you think your rateable value is wrong, you can ask the Valuation Office Agency to change it.

If the Valuation Office agrees with your appeal, or if you can reach an agreement on another figure, the rateable value will be changed. If an agreement cannot be reached, or the matter is still outstanding after three months, the dispute will be passed to the Valuation Tribunal.

You must still pay the bill we have sent you even if you have appealed against it. The rates bill can only be changed when the Valuation Office has told us any new rateable value.

Further information

If you need to contact the Valuation Office, please write to or telephone:

Non Domestic Rates East
Valuation Office Agency
Rosebery Court
Central Avenue
St Andrews Business Park

Tel: 03000 501501
Website: Valuation Office Agency

Contact us Contact us

Powered by GOSS iCM